It's pronounced Ger-sten-zang.
I think about how people read and read about how people think.
I like augmented cognition, architectural design for thinking, cities, operational efficiency at scale, strong contrasts, irony, and well-designed objects and experiences. Email me at my first and last name at gmail.com
- I will be a partner at Andreessen Horowitz, starting June 2013.
In the past:
- I founded Boulton Watt LLC in September 2011. It consolidated consulting work I had been doing for a while.
- I worked at Lerer Ventures as an analyst for the summer of 2012
- I will graduate from Stanford in June 2013, studying History and Symbolic Systems. While there, I got a chance to study at Oxford University, researching the economics of the British empire.
- I was the CTO for Fourth Story Media, which launched The Amanda Project and developed a set of other digital app properties.
- I've worked on the engineering teams of BuzzFeed, The Huffington Post and Community Connect.
- I was a Thiel Fellowship finalist, I made a site that went viral called WeddingCredential and I've contributed to the open-source community through a number of projects I no longer maintain.
- I was editor-in-chief of the Stuyvesant Spectator, one of the largest and most active high school newspapers in the country, with over 200 staff members and ~30 editors.